Company: Williams Overman Pierce, LLP
Posted on: November 10, 2019
WILLIAMS OVERMAN PIERCE, LLP, a regional public accounting and
consulting firm with offices in Raleigh, Greensboro and Wilmington,
currently has a position available for a tax manager. Our ideal
candidate will possess 5+ years of experience in a public
accounting tax environment, with a concentrated focus on reviewing
various entity tax returns, supervision and training of staff, as
well as creating and maintaining client relationships. We are a
family-oriented firm that offers an excellent work environment with
opportunity for advancement, flexible scheduling and half-day
Fridays during the summer. Our benefits are first-rate, including:
unlimited paid time off, a 401k plan, medical and dental insurance,
and a flexible spending plan.
- Plan and direct corporate, individual, and partnership tax
- Review complex tax returns including forms 1120, 1120S, 1065,
1040, 1041, etc.
- Identify tax issues and provide tax planning advice to a
diverse client base.
- Supervise, develop, and train members of our tax practice.
- Focus on management of client relationships to ensure delivery
of exceptional client services.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions;
identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits
and negotiate tax positions.
- Work directly with the firm's leadership to support the many
operational elements of the firm's tax services, including thought
leadership, quality control and training and development.
- Ensure exceptional client service by delivering the highest
quality results, providing forward-thinking advice and suggestions
on relevant matters in a manner that is timely and
- Responsible for leading a team of staff level positions and
ensuring proper execution of assignments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a public accounting
environment or a combination of corporate and public accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is required.
Master's degree is preferred.
- CPA certification required.
- Experience with multistate taxation is strongly preferred.
- Experienced at reviewing income tax returns and tax
- ProSystem Tax and CCH Axcess software experience
- Ability and passion for developing the professional skills of
- Must possess excellent supervisory, communication, and
- Ability to work harmoniously with the firm's management team is
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and
adhere to tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Experience with CaseWare Working Papers software and a
paperless work environment a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast paced
- Perform effectively in a team environment with all levels of
client personnel supporting various industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as
proficient collaboration skills.
Keywords: Williams Overman Pierce, LLP, Wilmington , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!