Project Business Manager (Infrastructure)
Company: Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. is an infrastructure contractor that excels at large, complex projects. Our projects include highways, bridges over land and water, tunnels, wastewater and potable water treatment plants and rail civils. Balfour Beatty Infrastructure in Wilmington, North Carolina is seeking a Project Business Manager. This role applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems. In addition, this role will generate and analyze weekly and monthly financial reports.
* Perform project budgets, prepare and allocate costs within multiple project budgets and monitor the development of actual against budgets/forecasts.
* Perform monthly reviews of the value of work in progress and report on costs incurred, revenues and irregularities.
* Review and measure the percentage of completion of each project segments, and makes sure that all costs related to the projects are allocated and the invoice to the client prepared.
* Collect cost data required to monitor all project cost accounts to ensure that these accounts reflect actual costs to be matched against revenue and any irregularities reported to senior management.
* Manage accounting staff in performance of payroll, AP, AR/billing, HR.
* Maintain subcontracts including review of insurance requirements, pay estimate preparation and account reconciliation.
* Reviews on a monthly basis, in conjunction with project field personnel, progress within the project and determine the value of the completed work.
* Develop budget forecasts and monitor progress of work per cost account to ensure adherence to budget.
* Prepare month end profit and loss report for budgeted segments of projects and forward to senior management together with the construction forecast to reflect most current plans/requirements.
* Supervise and provide on-the-job training to entry level professional personnel assigned to cost accounting area.
* May provide technical direction on job costing software.
* Position responsible for timeliness and accuracy of reports for the projects.
* Works closely with immediate accounting associates, finance associates, and with project managers.
* Occasional contact with executive level management required.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Four year business/accounting degree plus four or more year s similar construction cost accounting experience or equivalent combinations of training/experience.
* Working knowledge of cost accounting software, construction technology, and budget analysis required.
* Must be able to multi task and manage the financials for multiple projects.
* Current or previous cost accounting software knowledge in JDE (J.D. Edwards), preferred, but not required.
* Current or previous A/E/C accounting experience, desired.
* Previous or current experience in a construction Project Accountant role or similar, preferred.
Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Construction Inc, Wilmington , Project Business Manager (Infrastructure), Accounting, Auditing , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!